Fortnite: How to enable 2FA
What even is 2FA?
2FA or ‘two-factor authentication’ is an extra layer of security used to make sure that people trying to gain access to an online account are who they say they are.
Why you might want to enable 2FA?
We highly recommend enabling two-factor authentication (2FA) for the following reasons:
- to keep your account secure so that even if someone is able to guess your password then they can’t get access to your account (and your purchases like games and SKINS!)
- to get free games. 2FA is required to claim some free games on the Epic Games Store.
- to be able to send and receive gifts in Fortnite.
- to be able to play in competitive events such as cash cups or FNCS.
- it’s the only way to get the infamous ‘Boogie Down!’ emote!!
How do I enable 2FA?
- Go to the ACCOUNT page.
- Click the PASSWORD & SECURITY tab.
- Under the TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION header, click the 2FA option you want to enable: ENABLE AUTHENTICATOR APP, ENABLE SMS AUTHENTICATION or ENABLE EMAIL AUTHENTICATION.
If you opt to use an authenticator app for 2FA, these common authenticator apps can be found in your mobile device app store:
- Google Authenticator
- LastPass Authenticator
- Microsoft Authenticator